Celebration time again. It was my birthday when I teamed up with the Benny Lackner Trio for some stage shots. Piano, bass, drums.
Most of the pictures were made with a digital cam, but I also had the Hasselblad 500 C/M with me and the F4 – and a flash on stage.
In terms of working conditions, I couldn’t have asked for more: They let me work and I could frame the band the way I planned it beforehand, i.e. with the audience in the background.
The Kodak Tri-X in the 500 C/M turned out nicely, especially with the 50mm Distagon. Before the show I told the musicians I would come really close with it and they let me do my thing. The Rollei Retro 400s was no success in Microphen – is it a Kentmere? Anyway.
But it was fun to activate the wireless flash remote (which I had in my pocket) with a PC-Sync cord and having a flash on stage triggered like this.
Also the results of the F4 combined with the 85/1.8 are pleasing. The Delta 400 was fine at N-2 or N-3 in TMax developer 1+4, I am starting to like more.
If you like to get an impression of the music: Once I searched for cover versions of “If 6 was 9”, and this was my favorite:
Pollux on 52rolls:
- Launch Status Check: Pollux [Intro]
- #1.0 Neopan 400 & Rodinal
- #1.1 Silvermax
- #1.2 The White Stripes
- #2.0 Fade To Grey
- #2.1 Pushing Silvermax
- #2.2 Know Your Gear
- #2.3 What Took You So Long?
- #2.4 Diary Shots
- #2.5 Compact 28 + Ultramax
- #2.6 On 400H
- #3.0 Hard Boiled
- #4.0 Film Noir
- #5.0/5.1/5.2 Remain In Light
- #5.3 My Personal Holga
- #5.4 The Exhibition Cam
- #5.5/5.6 Portra and 400H
- #5.7 A Peculiar Roll (1993)
- #5.8/5.9 Great Photographer, Wasted Film
- #6.0 Diary Shots, 135mm on the F4
- #6.1-#6.3 Purchasing New Material, Celebrating
- #7.0-#7.2 Concert
- #8.0 Helicopter
- #9.0 Tres Cosas
- #10.0 One Shot per Roll
- #11.0/11.1: Parklife (Nikon F2)
- #12.0/12.1: Silvermax, F2 (24mm) + F5 (17mm + 210 mm)
- #13: Diary with a Point & Shoot
- #14: Medium Format: The Rangefinder of ’51
- #15: Memories of Friendship
- #16: [Pollux]: Epilogue