I have 3 cameras loaded with various different film stocks at the minute but did manage to eventually finish one last week, some Kodak E200 shot with my Mamiya 645.
I have shot E200 before but only had it cross processed so this time I decided to get it processed E6. The lab that I use only does C41 and B&W so I had to try another lab this time.
Well without naming names the transparencies came back after a week and were pretty poor to be honest, loads of black dots, a few frames scratched and other dirty marks.
I scanned all the frames just to see what they were actually like and they were awful. I have spent the last few days seeing what I could salvage and the power of photoshop CC and my Wacom tablet did wonders.
A few frames we too bad and after a few emails to the lab (they didn’t answer at first) they asked for me to return the films so they could check it out which I take as “they don’t believe me”.
Well I sent them back today and will wait for their reply before I say any more…. To say I am disappointed with the quality control and their doubting of my problems is an understatement.
Anyway here are the images that I salvaged, I am not 100% sure about the accuracy of the colours as there was a lot of tweaking in the scans and Photoshop to get to this which is something I don’t like to do as the joy of shooting film is getting images pretty much in camera and only slight tweaking for dust/hairs etc. Here is one frame straight scan just to show what I was up against …. 😦Anyway on a happier note I will be finishing at least 3 rolls this weekend and will be going back to @film_dev for my processing and scans and if I shoot more E6 for conventional processing I will be going else where.
You can find more of my stuff at
and on Twitter as @